twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is there any way to prevent teeth darkening with age?

Is there any way to prevent enamel from wearing down as we age, which is factor in the yellowing of teeth, or is that just impossible and really just naturally happens?





I know to brush gently and avoid foods that stain but what else?

Is there any way to prevent teeth darkening with age?
Before I answer your question I just want to state that I am a Dental Technologist not a Dentist. Dental Technologists only make dental prosthesis with a prescription from a Dentist and we do not give out medical advice. Thus, any comments I make are just personal thoughts and should not be taken as medical advice. So GO TO YOUR DENTIST!!!!!





Now to answer your question, with age your Enamel layer wears down exposing more of your Dentin layer which gives the yellowish color. Yellowing of teeth is natural but if you want to do something you can bleach. Bleaching bleaches the dentin layer but it’s not the healthiest thing to do to your teeth.





I hope this helps
Reply:You might want to try Arm %26amp; Hammer's Enamel Care toothpaste. It has "Liquid Calcium" and is supposed to fill in crevices in tooth enamel. I am very happy with the results. Take a look at this link, and good luck with your beautiful smile. http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a...



handbags

No comments:

Post a Comment