twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

What is wrong with my teeth and gums???? Please help?

Hi there, I have been struggling with ugly teeth for a long time and i just don't understand why. I floss my teeth (top %26amp; bottom) morning and night, I brush at least twice a day, and often times three times a day. I also listerine for 30 sec. 2X a day. I take way better care of my teeth than anyone I know and yet my teeth and gums are disgusting! my teeth are yellow and spotty, my gums are swollen and bleed so much. I go to the dentist every 6 months and he has never once said anything about it. I just don't understand how some people can eat junk food all day, and brush once a day and have pearly whites and I eat a great balanced diet and take great care of my teeth yet mine are ruining my life? What should I do, does anyone else have this problem?

What is wrong with my teeth and gums???? Please help?
Unfortunately there is NOT a direct connection between how you take care of them and how your teeth look.





By and large, if someone works out every day and someone else doesn't, the first person will be in better shape and often be better looking... But we all know heavy-set people who have a certain "set point" for body type and no matter how much they workout or diet, they're stuck. We know people who are super skinny even tho' they eat cheesecake morning, noon and night!





Teeth are the same way. by taking care of them, you ensure they are cavity-free, healthy and functional.





As for how they look, well, teeth are like skin. Some people are all perfect and smooth like Nicole Kidman and others are splotchy like Jessica Simpson in the "before" pics in ProActiv ads...lol





So what can you do? If you don't like the color, you can try bleaching. if Whitestrips dont' work, ask your dentist for a bleaching tray; this will be more expensive (like 200-300 bucks) but more dramatic.





if you dont' like the tone or color of your teeth AFTER this (and some yellows/browns just won't bleach away!) you will want to ask your dentist about VENEERS. These are basically custom made "false fronts" that go over your natural teeth. Sometimes the dnetist has to 'prepare' (ie, grind down) the teeth a bit; other times veneers (check out Lumineers online on google or whatever) can be placed directly over unprepared teeth.





The effect is kind of like press-on nails, but fairly permanent. IF you don't like them, they can be removed and re-done; you want to get good ones w/ a dentist that has cosmetic experience, or you end up like Lindsay Lohan who had some bad ones a year or so ago.





here's one site w/a before/after:


http://www.hamptondentalassociates.com/p...





good luck!
Reply:Have you mentioned this to your dentist? Most often time they just do what needs to be done and get your out of there asap.





Have you had this good hygiene forever, or is it something your just started? That could be the problem.





It is hard to say on yahoo answers. Your best bet would be to make an appointment specifically for this problem your having.



download

No comments:

Post a Comment